Stuart Pinto Award
Stuart Pinto was the consummate PA – patients first, professional excellence close behind. After graduating from the Stony Brook Physician Assistant Program, Pinto went on to practice family practice/urgent care for more than 30 years. Known beyond the PA world, many surgeons and physicians recognized and respected Pinto for his knowledge and general mentorship. He volunteered his expertise in the selection of Western University Physician Assistant Studies students and was a generous contributor to CAPA for several decades.
Recipients of the Stuart Pinto Memorial Scholarship are PA students embody Pinto’s spirit, passion for the PA profession, and his commitment to excellent patient care. If you are a student enrolled in a California PA school with a Student category membership within CAPA, you may be eligible to apply for this $2,000 scholarship. Please follow the eligibility and application below.
- Applicants of the Stuart Pinto Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a California resident
- Be a student enrolled in a California ARC-PA or successor agency-approved PA program
- Be a CAPA Student Member
- Maintain good academic standing within their PA program, as defined and confirmed by the PA Program Director
- Demonstrate financial need, in the form of receiving program or general financial assistance
- Submit a statement of intent to practice medicine as a PA, take the NCCPA Board examination within 60 days after graduation, and serve as a CAPA volunteer leader for at least one year within five years of graduation