The mission of the California Academy of Physician Associates is to represent and serve PAs statewide. As an advocate of its members for the provision of quality healthcare, in collaboration with all healthcare professionals, CAPA will enhance, educate and empower PAs for the ultimate benefit of their patients.
Fully integrate PAs into every aspect of California’s healthcare.
The general purpose of the Academy is as set forth in its Articles of Incorporation. Within the context of such general purpose, the specific goals of the Academy shall be:
- To expand access to healthcare for the citizens of California by promoting the PA profession;
- To encourage its members to render quality service to the health professions and to the public;
- To develop, sponsor and evaluate continuing medical or medically related education programs for PAs;
- To assist in the development of role definition of the PA;
- To sponsor and promote regulatory and legislative changes which will enhance the ability of the PA to provide safe, high value medical care to the citizens of California;
- To promote cooperation and harmony with other health professions in order to improve coordination and eliminate conflict within the healthcare delivery system;
- To serve as a public information center regarding the PA profession for its members, other health professions and the public;
- To develop, coordinate and participate in studies having an impact either directly or indirectly on the PA profession;
- To participate in the development of criteria leading to certification of the PA;
- To engage in any other lawful activity permitted by the Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation Law which directly or indirectly promotes quality, high value and accessible healthcare; promotes the professional and personal development of the PA; and/or promotes or protects the PA profession.