Ruth Webb Award
Applicants of the Ruth Webb Diversity Scholarship must:
- Self-describe their background as African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native, Native American, LatinX, and/or LGBTQIAP+
- Be a California resident
- Be a student enrolled in a California ARC-PA or successor agency-approved PA program
- Be a CAPA Student Member
- Maintain good academic standing within their PA program, as defined and confirmed by the PA Program Director
- Demonstrate financial need, in the form of receiving program or general financial assistance
- Submit a statement of intent to practice medicine as a PA, take the NCCPA Board examination within 60 days after graduation, and volunteer in diversity outreach efforts within CAPA for at least one year within five years of graduation
- CAPA Student Scholarship Application. Complete and be sure to indicate in the application which scholarship you are applying for. Applicants may apply for and receive only one scholarship. Past recipients of CAPA or CAPA Foundation scholarships ineligible to apply.
- Essay (MS Word or PDF format) that encompasses the following:
- Description of activities you performed to promote the PA profession, e.g. involvement in your community, your school, a student organization or CAPA
- Explanation of why diversity is important to the PA profession o
- Personal and professional goals
- Why you believe you should be awarded this scholarship
• Confirmation letter from PA Program Director of your academic standing.