Community Service Scholarship
The Community Service Scholarship celebrates inspiring, community service-minded PA students. Recipients of the Community Service Scholarship are PA students who have demonstrated not only excellent academic standing but have also made a difference in their communities through countless and varied ways. If you are a student enrolled in a California PA school with a Student category membership within CAPA, you may be eligible to apply for this $2,000 scholarship. Please follow the eligibility and application below.
Applicants of the Community Service Scholarship must:
- Be a California resident
- Be a student enrolled in a California ARC-PA or successor agency-approved PA program
- Be a CAPA Student Member
- Maintain good academic standing within their PA program, as defined and confirmed by the PA Program Director
- Demonstrate financial need, in the form of receiving program or general financial assistance
- Mark check box on application confirming intent to practice medicine as a PA, take the NCCPA Board examination within 60 days after graduation, and serve as a CAPA volunteer leader for at least one year within five years of graduation
- CAPA Student Scholarship Application. Complete and be sure to indicate in the application which scholarship you are applying for. Applicants are eligible to receive only one scholarship. Past recipients of CAPA or CAPA Foundation scholarships ineligible to apply.
- Essay (MS Word or PDF format) that encompasses the following:
- Why you believe you should be awarded this scholarship
- Personal and professional goals
- Why community service or philanthropy is important to the PA profession
- Description of activities you performed to promote the PA profession, e.g. involvement in your community, your school, a student organization, or CAPA
- Confirmation letter from the PA Program Director of your academic standing.
- Financial statements demonstrating receipt of support from your school Financial Aid Office or other entity. All statements will be handled and kept confidential.