CAPA Responds to Monterey Park and Half Moon Bay Shootings
CAPA extends our deepest condolences to the victims and their families of the Monterey Park and Half-Moon Bay mass shootings. We remain united with the Asian American community. What should have been a time to celebrate the Lunar New Year, instead turned into a time of grief and anger. As health professionals on the front lines of treating patients injured by firearms, we must continue to recognize that gun violence is a public health epidemic, and we must support advocacy and legislative efforts to end it.
While this is by no means a comprehensive list, we encourage our members to find resources to provide for their patients and communities impacted by these tragedies.
Resources for victims and their families, communities and residents, and ways you can help:
- Monterey Park Lunar New Year Victims Fund – Go Fund Me organized by Asian Americans Advancing Justice Southern California
- Half Moon Bay Support Fund – Asian Pacific Fund
- Resources for Monterey Park Victims and Community Members Provided by the AAPI Equity Alliance
- 11 Ways Forward this Lunar New Year – Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP)
- PAs Preventing Gun Violence: Civil Protective Orders & 5150 – California Academy of PAs
- Crisis Recovery Guide – California Department of Aging and CalHSS
Thursday, January 26, 2023 - CAPA