Public Outreach Committee
|Committee Chair: Carlitos Chen||Committee Members:|
The goals and focus of the Committee are:
- To promote the PA profession in California
- To create and promote projects and events which promote physician/PA team practice
- To seek out and develop conduits of communication with the physician communities of California
- To promote membership in CAPA
- The terms and conditions of service on the Public Education Committee are:
- You must be a CAPA member.
Appointment to the Committee is on an annual term, from July 1st through June 30th. Members may be appointed at any time during the year to fill a vacancy. Interest in reappointment to the Committee should be sent to the chair by early June.
Meetings, via conference calls or in person, normally occur 2 – 3 times annually. Members will be reimbursed for approved expenses relating to participation on the Committee.
- Educate the public, organizations, other health professions, etc., about the profession and its role in the health care delivery system.
- As requested by the Board in conjunction with CAPA staff, provide advice on the development and distribution of materials regarding the profession and the Academy.
- Carry out specific tasks as requested by the Board in conjunction with CAPA staff. (i.e., reading program and elementary schools, speaking at high schools, health clubs, PA Week activities, etc.)
- Submit articles for publication when assigned to do so by the Editor of the CAPA News.
- Encourage members to use all opportunities to educate various audiences about the PA profession in California