Professional Practice Committee
|Committee Chair: Jeremy Meis||Committee Members:|
The Professional Practice Committee is a standing volunteer leadership committee dedicated to serving as the source of non-clinical professional practices information that includes, but is not limited to, scope of practice, reimbursement, legal and regulatory compliance, labor law, and public policies affecting the PA profession.
The objectives of this committee are carried out in the resources, white papers, toolkits, and information it provides via the CAPA magazine, the monthly CAPA digital newsletter, the Practice Support section of the CAPA website, and CAPA’s general member support.
The Committee Chair is appointed each fiscal year by the CAPA President and approved by the Board of Directors. Committee members are selected by the Chair and approved by the Board of Directors. Committee commitment is largely via email with an occasional in-person meeting
as circumstances require.
The Professional Practice Committee is tasked with:
- Responding to the questions of membership regarding non-clinical aspects of PA practice
- Identifying and creating content that is relevant to PAs and their professional practice
- Research PA practice issues and draft articles, white papers, or resources that will inform and educate CAPA members
- Write and contribute articles/content for CAPA’s various publications and communication platforms
- Writing articles or curating content for CAPA’s various publications and communication platforms.
- Recommendation professional practice topics for CAPA events and conferences
Please submit your statement of interest and CV below: