Physician Assistant for Santa Rosa Orthopaedics
JOIN OUR TEAM
Santa Rosa Orthopaedics (SRO) is searching for a full-time Physician Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with Dr. Christian Athanassious, Director of the Total Spine Health Program in our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist group practice located in Santa Rosa, California. The Physician Assistant will join our SRO established team with a long history of providing state of the art care to our community. Our current team consists of 70+ staff in 3 locations: 2 in Santa Rosa and 1 in Petaluma.
SRO is a full-service orthopaedics practice committed to providing exceptional care for all types of orthopedic injuries and conditions. Our team of fellowship-trained orthopedic doctors offers the latest nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for a wide range of orthopedic sub-specialties and sports medicine. Areas of specialty include hand & upper extremity; sports medicine; foot & ankle; joint replacement; trauma team; shoulder & elbow; and back & spine. We are North Bay’s most comprehensive orthopaedic specialists. Care is provided by orthopaedic physicians, pain specialists, physical therapists, diagnostic imaging specialists and surgeons with expertise in innovative, minimally invasive surgical techniques.
This Physician Assistant will work with, and report directly to Dr. Athanassious, assisting in spine care and minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Athanassious is a board-certified spine surgeon, the Medical Director of The Total Spine Health Program, and Vice Chair of Surgery at Sutter Regional Hospital in Santa Rosa. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly experienced spinal surgeon and gain high-level knowledge and experience in this area. The clinic and surgery schedules are set, and the work schedule is generally Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., rounding two weekends per month 1-2 hours per day. There are no on call or emergency room calls.
Santa Rosa is home to approximately 170,000 residents and is located less than an hour’s drive north of San Francisco with access to the beautiful Pacific Coastline, award winning wineries, majestic redwoods, a wealth of culture, fine dining, attractions, outdoor and recreational activities and a wide variety of entertainment and events. Excellent health care services, educational institutions and a full range of services contribute to Santa Rosa’s quality of life. Santa Rosa Orthopaedics is committed to the community they serve.
DR. ATHANASSIOUS BIO
Dr. Athanassious is a board-certified spine surgeon with fellowship training in spine surgery from Stanford University. Dr. Athanassious is the Medical Director of The Total Spine Health Program. He is Vice Chair of Surgery at Sutter Regional Hospital in Santa Rosa. Dr. Athanassious completed his undergraduate degree in Psychology from UC Davis with the intention of pursuing his medical doctorate. With a thorough background in psychology, Dr. Athanassious is an advocate of the whole-body medical approach when considering the best treatment for his patients. In the time between graduating from UC Davis and applying to medical school, Dr. Athanassious was a Howard Hughes Scholar working as a research manager, researcher, and anatomy lecturer at UC Davis for premed and medical students while he was studying for the MCAT.
He went on to complete a post baccalaureate in Medical Science at the Drexel University College of Medicine. Graduating at the top of his class, Dr. Athanassious was the only graduate invited to continue on at the same school to complete his Doctorate of Medicine. He then completed his orthopaedic residency at Monmouth Medical Center and was selected to serve as the Chief Resident in his final year. Throughout his undergraduate studies, graduate studies, and residency, Dr. Athanassious published many award-winning studies on a variety of medical subjects. Dr. Athanassious’ outstanding achievements earned him a spot in the prestigious Stanford University Spine Fellowship, which he completed in 2014. After training alongside some of the world’s finest spine surgeons, Dr. Athanassious brings invaluable expertise and knowledge about the latest advancements in orthopaedic spine operative and nonoperative care to individuals of all ages in the greater Santa Rosa area.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Examines patient, takes medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis or decides on follow-up procedures.
- Administers and orders diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations, injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physician concerning appropriate treatment.
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
- Provides general health education regarding matters such as proper diet, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Assists physician with emergency treatments and more complex procedures.
Physician Assistant for Santa Rosa Orthopaedics
||Santa Rosa Orthopaedics
||Santa Rosa, CA
||$130,000 - $180,000 Annually DOQ
|Posting Start Date:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly ad compassionately with patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills in ensuring accurate patient diagnoses and the implementation of responsive care plans.
- Strong computer skills.
- EMR & EHR skills are a plus.
A master’s degree including graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant educational program.
- At least 2 years of related orthopedic experience, or a year of clinical training is preferred. Willing to provide some training.
License or certificate:
- Current Physician Assistant license by time of appointment.
- NCCPA certified or eligible.
- Individuals must be capable of operating a motor vehicle safely and possess a valid, Class C, California Driver License, or be able to demonstrate the ability to travel on scheduled or unscheduled visits to various locations which may or may not be reachable by public transportation.
Hiring salary is $130,000 to $180,000 depending upon qualifications.
SRO offers a generous and competitive benefits package including profit sharing, health, dental, vision and more.
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org All application materials received will be screened and evaluated and the top candidates will be contacted for an initial pre-screen interview. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an on-site selection process. This recruitmet will remain open until there is a sufficient candidate pool. Please do not contact the employer directly. Confidential inquires should be directed to the email above or to (707)321-3228.
Santa Rosa Orthopaedics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
||This listing expires on: 6/27/2021