Committee Chair: Saloni Swarup
The Diversity Sub-Committee is an adjunct of CAPA’s Membership Committee. Its goal is to promote the values of inclusion and equity within the PA profession by bringing awareness of the profession and its opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds. This sub-committee conducts events and activities that educate the public about the PA profession, recruit potential future PAs from underrepresented groups, and support said groups in their PA endeavors.
Due to the transitional nature between PA education and practice, the Early Career PAs Sub-Committee may occasionally collaborate with other volunteer committees, most notably the PA Schools Sub-Committee, the Student Affairs Sub-Committee, and the Professional Practices Committee.
The Diversity Sub-Committee is tasked with:
- Advising and/or supporting the Board of Directors, staff and any other leaders of CAPA with matters that pertain to diversity, equity, and inclusion matters.
- Collaborating with the PA School Sub-Committee in selecting and awarding recipients of the Ruth Webb Memorial Scholarship
- Performing outreach to pre-PA and college organizations
- Writing articles or curating content for CAPA’s various publications and communication platforms that are relevant to the goal of this sub-committee
- Collaborate with gender and race-based PA associations or constituent organizations